[PD] Patch2Svg exports controlled in a pd patch

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jun 8 00:06:21 CEST 2021

On 6/7/21 15:38, boscomac wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I recently discovered this Patch2Svg add-on. It works perfectly (mac os mojave, Pd 0.50-2).
>
> Working with data structures, I generate many serial drawings that I export to Svg.
> Basically, I export my Pd-data sub-patch which contains the graphical display only.
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to control and serialize this export operation directly in the Pd patch?
> Something like [write $1.svg( message, as it can be done with an array, audio recording, txt file, etc.

in the patch2svg-plugin folder you find an "autoexport.pd" abstraction,
that will export all currently open canvases as an SVG - and then quit
Pd (the idea was to use this in a script).

the filenames are created automatically based on the canvas title and
the window-id. (this is somehow tweakable - but not very much).

it's hard to provide anything more sophisticated without also writing an
accompanying external (which needs to be compiled for all the archs) - i
don't think this is worth it.

fmsard
IOhannes