[PD] UDP server with Pd

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jun 8 17:44:39 CEST 2021

Am 8. Juni 2021 17:05:13 MESZ schrieb Miller Puckette via Pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at>:
>P.S. maybe 'sendto' would be clearer - 'to' could be misunderstood as
>just setting
>a return port/addr for a later 'send' (which I think would make
>netreceive -u
>unnecessarily stateful).

i think 'sendto' only makes sense as [sendto example.com 6000 10 20(
that is: specifying both target and data in a single message (as the name is so close to 'send').
I think this is what you want to do anyhow.

I wonder about efficiency though: each 'sendto' would trigger a host lookup, which is probably cached by the OS, but even so might still be rather costy.

mfg.fsd.sgj
IOhannes