[PD] UDP server with Pd

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 18:06:59 CEST 2021

On Mon, 2021-06-07 at 23:51 +0200, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Mon, 2021-06-07 at 16:57 -0400, Martin Peach wrote:
> > So I changed it to use sendto and it works a lot better. It
> > receives
> > from multiple clients while sending to any one.
> > I added a [to ( message to set the destination, and removed the
> > [connect( and [disconnect{ methods.
> > Thanks Christof for the critique!.
>
> I will do some more extensive test with some more load.

A quick follow-up. The new object [udpsrvr] works flawlessly. I
couldn't find any issues with it. I've used it to relay packets between
multiple clients.

However, my hope a Pd implementation is faster than the python script
turned out to be forlorn. In reality, the Pd version eats ~50% more
cycles (at least same ballpark, which is still impressive for Pd, I
think).

Roman