[PD] Ability to access error messages from patch

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Mon Jun 14 10:11:47 CEST 2021

Peter P. wrote:
> * Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com> [2021-06-13 22:53]:
>> Hi
>>
>> I was just discussing a feature request to an external (aoo) for
>> posting error messages to the outlet instead of the Pd console.
> Roman, I think this is an excellent ideat!

me too !!!

I am wondering how one would
> parse these error messages if they came from one single object outlet to
> tell where the error originated from?

in practice it probably wouldn't be that difficult, since you most
likely know the kind of error message you are looking for. so it should
be easy to route. or use timed spigots etc...

anyway a [console] object that ouputs every thing that is sent to the PD
console would be really fantastic and a huge helper for handling objects
like [soundfiler], the hcs-objects etcetc.

best

oliver