[PD] sad news: RIP Martin Peach

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 10:51:46 CEST 2021

Thanks, Alexandre, for being brave and let us know about his passing
away. I read about it yesterday on IRC.

I never had the chance to meet him in person, but I had numerous pd-
list conversations with him as most of the Pd projects I'm involved
with use his externals, namely osc, binfile, net / iemnet (which is
based on mrpeach/net). My pet project - netpd - wouldn't have emerged
without his contributions. He always was very supportive and helped me
get things going in various instances. In the vast fields of the
internet with its many abysses, to this day I find the Pd community a
sheltered place where fruitful exchange and honest dispute is the
standard. He had an active and long-standing part in this. The greater
is the loss for the community.

Rest in Peace, Martin Peach

Roman