[PD] [PD-announce] Cyclone 0.5-6 is out

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 05:42:52 CEST 2021

Cyclone 0.5-6 needs at least Pd 0.51-3.

This release we're still dealing and fixing issues with capital letter
aliases. We brought this back on cyclone 0.5-0 but we're still struggling
with it and it's kinda embarrassing. We seem to have finally got it right.
Please test it so we can put this behind. This is for backwards
compatibility as since cyclone 0.3 the idea is to just use the objects with
lower case characters. The objects we're talking about are cyclone/append
(*); bucket; cyclone/clip (*); decode; histo; mousestate; peak;
cyclone/table (*); togedge; trough; uzi; cyclone/clip~ (*); cyclone/line~
(*); scope~; cyclone/snapshot~ (*)

(*) these classes need the 'cyclone/' prefix to avoid name clashes with
vanilla internals

Another highlight is that [grab] now has been expanded to also grab from
receive names in GUIs! Thanks to the amazing work by Matt Barber.

There are other fixes and improvements, check this link for a detailed
changelog => https://github.com/porres/pd-cyclone/releases/tag/cyclone_0.5-6

Get it also from deken.

Cheers!