[PD] external libraries for Raspberry Pi - how to compile?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 09:17:10 CEST 2021

On Sun, 2021-09-12 at 03:36 +0200, Ingo wrote:

> The very first errors I get are
>
> iemlib/splitfilename
> couldn't create
>
> mergefilename
> ... couldn't create

Did you follow IOhannes' and Christof's advice:

[declare -path iemlib -path iemabs -lib iemlib -lib iemlib1 -lib iemlib2]

You didn't tell us if this makes a difference.

Since your patch was written ten years ago, I doubt it has been using
[declare] back then. Add this to your main patch and reload and tell us
the results.

BTW: I challenge your notion that replacing an ancient object with a
vanilla equivalent takes months. If [xyz] doesn't load, write it with
vanilla objects and save it as xyz.pd. No need to replace all instances
in your project.

That said, I still think you should first try to load the libraries
correctly before everything else.

Roman