[PD] Further questions on struct and the external api

Pierre Alexandre Tremblay tremblap at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 20:38:09 CEST 2021

>> I’m discovering the superb world of struct (with the 3 recommended tutorials, all of which very biased towards the graphic angle
> at least there is a visible reward for all the effort it takes to work with data-s

I understand the argument, but for me I read it was ‘for graphics’ - it was limiting until I understood it was not just for that.

> what you mean with dummy? [append] needs at least one float to be declared

That is what I mean, in this case I just need key -> float array, neither of them would be able to trigger a creation of a new item. This is why [text] is my new friend, although it won’t help with nested lists and arbitrary dictionary style structures. I’ll find a way.

> if you're into consoles full or red letters.

:D

I’m trying to behave so the 2 proposals you put are great.

> I guess so far no one predicted that a scalar could have no variables at all.

I am aware I’m bending the concept of struct. It was not meant to be a dictionary, especially not with nested ones.

>> the question I now have is for people developing externals

Is this list the right place for that question? I would like to be able to read and write [text] and [struct] declared in the patch within my externals but I don’t know if that is possible in the API.

Thanks again all for the help.