[PD] How to use a DAC expansion board with the RPi4

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu Sep 23 16:36:15 CEST 2021

I guess I'll try to find out from the manufacturer if they know how to do
it.
I had already contacted the store where I bought it if they have any idea.
I don't even know if the DAC is made by ARGON or by a 3rd party
manufacturer.
There's no documentation other than "Install Volumino".

> > I wonder if anybody made a "virtual soundcard" that talks to the RPi
> > GPIO and shows up as a ALSA device.
> This would be so complicated that I don't expect the manufacturers to
force
> you to do this.

Not sure if it would be so complicated - of course for me it would
definitely be too difficult to do, though.
I think that all of those DAC expansion boards talk to the same pins.
Once it's done it should be rather universal.
But probably each manufacturer does its own thing - as usual!

Ingo