[PD] How to use a DAC expansion board with the RPi4 - SOLVED!

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu Sep 23 19:16:43 CEST 2021

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions!

I just found something on YouTube about running one of those cards.

All I needed to do was adding this line to /boot/config.txt

dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus

(I had already commented out the onboard soundcard . . . )

Finally it shows up as a alsa sound device as it should.

Not sure if this one is the best choice - I'm still waiting for an answer from the manufacturer.

Now I can keep moving on with my sound module!

The hardware is working as expected or even better.

(Still discovered a kernel compilation omission, though . . . )

Cheers :)

Ingo