[PD] list of Pd forks?
info at christofressi.com
Wed Oct 6 11:55:30 CEST 2021
> alex listed "pd-extended" as one of the well-known forks.
> but what constitutes the forkiness in this case?
> apparently not the large number of externals shipped (as this would
> make it as "distro"), but something else.
> from the top of my head (as I never was a Pd-extended user myself),
> two things come to my mind: tooltips and white object-backgrounds
> (going along with those red signal connections).
Alex certainly knows more about this, but here are a couple of things
that I remember:
* revamped help patches (standardized structure + hyperlinks)
* different styles for audio/control inlets/outlets
* inlets/outlets highlighted on hovering
* different/better font size handling
* the [import] object
* the libdir system (*-meta.pd files), although I don't know how it
worked in practice
* different dragging behavior in graphical arrays
More information about the Pd-list