[PD] Pd in cross-platform frameworks

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Mon Oct 11 09:44:14 CEST 2021

Yeah, sorry if I didn't understand your question correctly!

I, for one, use openFrameworks (OF).
I developed a set of Pd externals built upon OF, which is called Pof, see:
https://github.com/Ant1r/ofxPof
It allows you to build a complex GUI written in Pd patches.
An application can be written in POF using a desktop computer, then ported
to iOS/Android thanks to OF and ofxPd cross-platform ability.

Unfortunately I wouldn't say it's an easy way (building for Android is
especially tricky...).
But I consider it one of the most powerful methods to build an app with Pd
;-)

Ofelia (https://github.com/cuinjune/Ofelia) is also built upon OF. I'm not
using it, so I cannot say anything more about it.

Antoine