[PD] Pd-0.52-0 macOS universal build (prerelease)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 01:42:30 CET 2021

Yes, this is a bug. I formalized the ascii handling to use the .txt file extension by default so you can pass a .txt file and it will be read as ascii without requiring the -ascii flag. Same with writing.

The issue here is that the -ascii flag should *always* force reading ascii (unless overridden by -raw) but the .txt extension check was still taking place, so your .tab file was being reject since it wasn't a .txt.

In any case, it's a one line fix and it's good you checked and found this.

Can you test your setup with this quick build which has the fix?

Pd-0.52.0-ascii-readfix.zip <http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/0.52/Pd-0.52.0-ascii-readfix.zip>

Note: This is a mismatch build as it has the old x86_64 only Tk 8.6.10 from Pd 0.51-4 with a 0.52-0 universal core. This shouldn't keep it form running for testing but probably not good to keep around for the long term. It was quicker to turn this out right now then do a more up to date version as I'm mucking with the build system here.

> On Nov 11, 2021, at 12:28 AM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can you send a copy of the file and maybe a patch that simply loads it into the table?
>
>> On Nov 11, 2021, at 12:09 AM, Philip Stone <pkstone at ucdavis.edu <mailto:pkstone at ucdavis.edu>> wrote:
>>
>> It’s a text file, loaded using [read -ascii -resize $1 TUNING_TAB] passed to soundfiler. Pretty old code, so there’s probably a better way of handling it, but I only noticed it because it broke.
>>
>> Pd 0.52-0 includes the sound file handling update I did which overhauled a number of things and added support for full AIFF headers and CAF files. The file type can't be detected from the file extension, so it tries to figure out from the header bytes but failed with the error.
>>
>> Thanks, Dan. I’ll get more chance to test later.
>
> --------
> Dan Wilcox
> @danomatika <http://twitter.com/danomatika>
> danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>