[PD] Hide backslash escapes in symbol atoms

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Fri Nov 19 10:02:49 CET 2021

OK Roman and Christof, after some reflection I think now you are right, to
assume different behaviors for different contexts!

- in a symbol atom, a space would be implicitly part of the symbol (if this
is accepted);
- in a list atom, space is the delimiter, so if you want an actual space it
has to be escaped;
- in a float atom, no space at all is allowed... (BTW wouldn't it be a nice
addition to filter the keyboard input to only numeric characters in the
"number" context?...)

- [message boxes( and  [objects] behave like lists.

Antoine