[PD] mickfuzz's Pure Data FLOSS Manual, a message on behalf of Pd's community

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 01:10:52 CET 2021

Dear 'mickfuzz', on behalf of The Pd community, I'm getting in touch with
you (on this email copied to the Pd-list) in order for us to discuss the
future of Pd's FLOSS Manuals as a community. Many of us would like to work
on a revision of this manual or maybe, in fact, use a whole new platform
for tutorials.

For reference, please check an earlier thread on the email list
https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2021-05/129652.html

It is our understanding that the FLOSS Manuals, as it is, it's very
outdated and should be archived for historical purposes. It is a manual
based on Pd-extended. In fact, there is already an archived version of the
manual here: http://archive.flossmanuals.net/pure-data/ Right now, the new
FLOSS Manual that you seem to have created and maintain is just the same as
the archived version, see:
http://write.flossmanuals.net/pure-data/introduction2/

Again, one idea is to just delete this, keep the archived version, and we
work on a new one somewhere else. This is because I, for one, can't even
create a new account on FLOSS to start working on it. I tried getting in
touch to create a new account and nothing happened.

Please get back to the Pd list so we can discuss what we should and could
do as a community.

If for some reason we don't hear from you and the new version of the manual
stays as it (the same as the archived version), we'll disconsider this new
version/link in puredata.info and just keep a link to the archived version
and work on new similar tutorials as a community somewhere else.

thanks
Alex