[PD] Pd in cross-platform frameworks

Alexander Chalikiopoulos dreamer at puikheid.nl
Sun Nov 21 11:43:17 CET 2021

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 8:28 PM IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> Am 11. Oktober 2021 17:05:28 MESZ schrieb Iain Duncan <
> iainduncanlists at gmail.com>:
> >I'm curious if anyone here has tried building Pd apps with Juce? It's a
> >commercial license, but free for use in open source projects,
>
> well, its dual licensed, and one option is GPL3, which is abut better than
> "free for use"

I'm now supporting heavy/hvcc and have implemented a wrapper using DPF
(Distrho Plugin Framework) which gives us dssi/ladspa/lv2/vst2/vst3 with
ISC license. No dual-license trickery .. also much simpler API and dev that
likes collaboration.

hvcc supports all kinds of other frameworks and embeds as well. Although of
course it's not actually pd-vanilla under the hood even lifelong users
can't tell the difference ;)

https://wasted-audio.github.io/hvcc/