[PD] mickfuzz's Pure Data FLOSS Manual, a message on behalf of Pd's community

ub ub at xdv.org
Mon Nov 22 19:28:04 CET 2021

On 22.11.21 15:34, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Em seg., 22 de nov. de 2021 às 11:14, ub <ub at xdv.org
> <mailto:ub at xdv.org>> escreveu:
>
>     a manual living on the www would be internet-searchengine-findable!
>

> Pd's actual manual actually already lives on the internet:
> http://msp.ucsd.edu/Pd_documentation/index.htm
> <http://msp.ucsd.edu/Pd_documentation/index.htm>

but it does not usually come up in search results, even for quite
specific terms like "puredata osc" or "puredata phasor", where as
flossmanuals quite consistently do. that might shift of course if they
were taken offline.

there seems to be a problem with those results, by the way, because they
point to write.flossmanuals.net and produce a redirect to themselves,
causing an error in the browser "The page isn’t redirecting properly".
that might be temporary.

my point is, that, especially for beginners, search engines are one main
gateway to information, so it makes sense to consider that.

cheers,

ub