[PD] Pure Data FLOSS Manual has been renamed to Pd-extended FLOSS Manual (was Re: mickfuzz's Pure Data FLOSS Manual, a message on behalf of Pd's community)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 21:15:06 CET 2021

Hi folks, as I've been saying, I was able to get involved with FLOSS
Manuals and edit the current available book. It has been now renamed to
'Pd-extended', which I think solves the issues and confusion it generated.
I also edited the introduction to talk about Pura Data AND Pd-extended, say
that Pd-extended has been abandoned and how the book is outdated but
maintained for historical purposes. I also mention how many of its content
can be applied into Pd Vanilla. We can think about how to improve this even
more, but I consider the whole thing as settled.

Check the current book now: https://en.flossmanuals.net/pd-extended/_full/

I already edited the link in puredata.info under 'books about Pd
<https://puredata.info/docs/BooksAboutPd/>' considering both versions
(french too).

I will now see what to do about the archived version, if it can be deleted
or not...

If anyone still thinks the FLOSS platform is a great and wonderful resource
and idea to write yet a new documentation based on the current Vanilla and
the old FLOSS Manual in english and other languages, that's cool and great.
We can also consider another platform for something like that instead of
FLOSS. Let's just coordinate this.

Again, I invite people to collaborate and discuss Pd documentation related
stuff in https://github.com/pure-data/pddp

Cheers