[PD] Scheme for Pd 0.1 binaries up for win and mac

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 04:26:40 CET 2021

Hi everyone, I'm excited to announce that Scheme for Pd 0.1 is ready for
regular users (I think.... really!). I have binaries up for Mac and
Windows, and building from source on Linux should "just work".

Scheme for Pd is a Pd port of (most of) Scheme for Max. It enables you to
script and live code Pd with s7 Scheme, including working with the
scheduler, hot reloading code, and running Scheme code in Pd as a repl.

I'm pretty sure I've done the right thing for win32 and win64, one should
be able to download the zip file, expand in your externals directory, add
this directory to your Pd file paths, and be good to go. It would be lovely
if a windows user can try this out and let me know either way.

Project page:
https://github.com/iainctduncan/scheme-for-pd

Release:
https://github.com/iainctduncan/scheme-for-pd/releases/tag/0.1-beta

Special thanks:
Miller Puckette (of course) for answering questions while I figured it out.
Alex Torres Porres for helping test the packaging
Lucas Cordiviola for windows build help
Bill Schottstaedt for s7 Scheme

enjoy and please let me know how you make out!
iain