[PD] Pd 0.52 test 2 is out

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 18:06:02 CET 2021

Ok, as the first email to the list about it, here are some thoughts for
starters :)

- Now connections get grayed out when making new connections. Haven't
really gotten used to it, what's everyone else idea on this? Can we make
this an optional feature to check/activate somewhere and leave the default
as it were?

*Related to atoms/list boxes:*

- The shortcut for symbol box (cmd+4) is gone, it now load the list box
instead, no shortcut is given for symbol and the next shortcut (cmd+5) is
for comments as before. Why not have list as shortcut cmd+5 and comments
get cmd+6?

- the symbol box by default now is much wider, I always have to make it
shorter, who needs that big boxes most the time? can't we make the same as
before?

- something is funny on symbol boxes, if I type a number in it and sendd it
to [float], float does not understand it and cannot convert it anymore to
float.

- also float/symbol/list boxes. If I type '$0-x' as a send or receive name,
I get '#0-x' when I reopen the preferences. This used to be something that
happened for iemguis and we fixed it, but now these boxes have it.

- if I type "hi, there" in a list box I get an unescaped (and seemingly
ilegal) "," symbol.

cheers