[PD] Pd 0.52 test 2 is out

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 21:10:39 CET 2021

and now for things we also usually ask in response to test release
announcements :)

I'm just curious on why this feature has been held for so long since it's
been flagged for inclusion back in the 0.49 release (and now 0.52), it's
the addition of "$0" for messages, seems like there's something still
"wrong" with it? => https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/347 I ask
because I've been improving the documentation of handling "$0" in Pd, and
it'd be much easier with it.

I also got a couple of new PRs that promote quick/minor changes to code
that I consider 'bug fixes' from a documentation point of view: 1) Get rid
of useless [bang~] inlet (https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1471)
cause I don't think it makes sense to document that it has no functionality
(and this won't break any patches); 2) add bang method to [atan2] (
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1465), because all other
similar math/binary operators do this and it's just harder and more
confusing to document a special inconsistent case. This is specially needed
now that I'm adding references subpatches with info on i/olets and methods.

cheers