[PD] Scheme for Pd 0.1 binaries up for win and mac

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Nov 24 17:12:57 CET 2021

Hi,

it's very common to upload test release to Deken. They are usually have
"alpha", "beta", "pre", "test" in their version number to make it clear
that they are not stable release. Pd uses are really used to install any
externals via Deken. Manual downloads are really the exception.

Care needs to be taken that the final release is ordered *before* the
test releases by having a lexicographically *larger* version number. For
example, "v0.1" is smaller than "v0.1-test" (= bad).

To circumvent this problem, Deken sorts "~" before everything else, so
you can safely use "v0.1~test". The only problem is that "~" is not in
git tags, so this can lead to problems in certain CI setups.

Another trick is to include a bug fix number for the final release:
"v0.1.0" ranks higher than "v0.1-test"

Christof