[PD] pd double precision

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Fri Nov 26 17:17:43 CET 2021

> As I see it, one can already build FAT externals if they want to.
No, you can't. I think you're confusing this with fat binaries on macOS
containing different architectures (which is not related).

At the moment, there is just no "official" strategy how to handle double
precision externals. Of course, you can compile externals
-DPD_FLOATSIZE=64, but how do you install them next to single precision
externals? How should they be managed by Deken? These are all still open
questions at the moment. There are various possible solutions, but no
consensus.

On the other hand, we *could* release double precision Pd without
official support for externals. I'm just not sure if this is a good
idea... Personally, think we should first stabilize the API/ABI.

Christof