[PD] pd double precision

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 17:29:43 CET 2021

Em sex., 26 de nov. de 2021 às 13:19, Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com>
escreveu:

> On the other hand, we *could* release double precision Pd without official
> support for externals. I'm just not sure if this is a good idea...

That seems harmless to me. I remember when the first 64 bit builds of Pd
came around and there were no or not many externals for it. If we clearly
state that there's no official support, we wash our hands. Power users can
work with externals at their own risk, but regular users who don't know how
to compile Pd can start benefiting from the distribution with vanilla only
patches.

By the way, I can confirm compiling double precision here on mac was smooth
(I have all the tools). I can also confirm deken can see and download the
proper ceammc library binary. Regular users should also be aware that even
those externals they can easily get by now aren't using an official and
stable API.

But when that gets stronger and stabilized, nothing will change for them as
developers can and should update the provided builds in deken if needed.

By the way, the way things are. What am I risking in getting ceammc from
deken in my double precision build?

cheers