[PD] pd double precision

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Nov 26 17:52:32 CET 2021

Am 26. November 2021 17:39:09 MEZ schrieb Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com>:

>> @christof Deken is prepared for that.
>> "vstplugin~[v0.5.3](Windows-amd64-32).dek". See the last -32 should be
>> -64 for double.
>>
>Ah, I didn't realize! That's cool! So that part is already solved :-)
>This was actually my main concern.

Thanks lucarda for answering before me: yes, deken is not the problem. At least the Pd side is not a problem at all. There might be issues with  the deken cmdline tool detecting the t_float size (the code is there, its just not much tested...)

From my perspective the main problem is co-instability of externals of multiple float sizes: currently if Pd loads an external with the wrong float size, it will stop searching for another external (that might load the right floatsize)

also I would actually like Pd to automatically bridge externals of the wrong floatsize (doing an in place conversion to/from the external's floatsize)

mfg.sfg.jfd
IOhannes