[PD] documenting messages to/from Pd and dynamic patching

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Fri Nov 26 21:15:55 CET 2021

I think there are definitely many "official" messages (e.g. "dsp",
"fast-forward", "quit", etc.) that need to be documented properly, so in
principle I very much welcome this effort.

However, I'm rather sceptical about including any "dynamic patching"
messages in the official documentation as they are not officially
supported. I think it would be better to exclude this from the main PR
(https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1455) and only offer this
as a secondary PR (that you can rebase regularly on top of the other one).

In particular, please don't include any GUI dialog messages. Those are
really internal. Also, don't advertize "coords" (at least you didn't
mention "donecanvasdialog") because that one should really be replaced
by https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/627 (hopefully in the
next Pd release :-)

I think including dynamic patching would "taint" your otherwise great
documentation updates.

Christof