[PD] Pd 0.52 test 2 is out

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 00:25:41 CET 2021

## Inactive Patch Coords

I think it should be on by default as I imagine more people could use it but it should have a disable option somehow for those that don't. I might be wrong in thinking that they are a minority though. Maybe there could be some sort of experimental feature commanding flag that accepts strings ala:

pd -exp disable-inactive-patchcords

Internally, then new versions of Pd could update the matched strings and ignore those which are either removed or upgraded to non-experimental status in new versions.

## Single-Select Drag & Resize Paper Cut

Also, here is a "paper-cut" bug fix that might be good to check out. I updated the original PR in a new branch and did some testing. The behavior appears to work fine and is an improvement, although I would admit to not having noticed before. ;)

https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1484 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1484>

> On Nov 27, 2021, at 11:36 PM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
> ... I'm thinking now to leave it in but have it turned off by default -
> that way it would be easy to add as a preference later.

> On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 09:53:09PM +0100, Dan Wilcox wrote:
>> Oh and I forgot:
>>
>> # Active Patch Cable Highlight
>>
>> I think greying out the active patch cable is great. I agree with calls for making this an option (on or off) in the GUI, but maybe this is something best added to IOhannes' current work on updating the (tabbed) preferences?

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>