[PD] sending messages instead of signals to dac~

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon Dec 6 17:57:37 CET 2021

Dear Pd-list

I noticed a funny behavior when sending messages to dac~'s inlet:

sending a number, eg "1" to its inlet will not produce a corresponding DC signal at
Pd's audio output. The DC signal is output when I delete this message.

Steps to reproduce:
Start Pd and create an empty patch and turn on DSP.
Create [dac~]
create a [1 < message
connect it to one inlet of [dac~]
Send the message to [dac~]. Note that no click is audible.
Then select the message and hit backspace. Click! Signal is output.

This only occurs the first time.

Is this know, explainable and does it "mean" something? ;)

cheersz, P