[PD] [PD-announce] Pd version 0.52-0test3 released

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 16:48:00 CET 2021

A "damaged" app bundle usually indicates something is missing or misnamed internally. It can also indicate a signing error.

I tried making an updated universal build with JACK but the resulting bundle doesn't run even on my own machine, so something is wrong with the build or the script which assembles the Pd .app. I will look at this.

Also, in my opinion and I know I've suggested this before, builds for newer systems should be linked to the newer version of JACK buy default ala:

./configure --disable-jack-framework --enable-jack

This requires having the JACK distribution pre-compiled libs installed.

> On Dec 8, 2021, at 3:16 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 09:15:10 -0500
> From: William Brent <william.brent at gmail.com <mailto:william.brent at gmail.com>>
> To: Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu <mailto:msp at ucsd.edu>>
> Cc: pd-announce at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-announce at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] [PD-announce]   Pd version 0.52-0test3 released
>
> Unfortunately, that build is showing up as "damaged" for my students on Mac
> OS Mojave and Big Sur, only offering the option of moving it to the trash
> (see the attached screenshot). Even the usual route of doing a
> right-click/open on the app leads to the same message, and in the Mac OS
> security preferences it never offers the option to approve opening the app.
> I can get them to successfully launch it from the command line by having
> them navigate to the pd binary in the app bundle though. Or of course, just
> build from source themselves. Not sure how important this is to others but
> I'm doing a lot of work with JACK in my classes and nearly all of my
> students are on Mac OS.
>

> On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 7:40 PM Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu <mailto:msp at ucsd.edu>> wrote:
>
>> Dan Wilcox has a build againset the new Jack:
>>
>> http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/0.52/Pd-0.52-0-universal-jack.zip <http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/0.52/Pd-0.52-0-universal-jack.zip>
>>
>> (I think I need to include that in the (growing) list of compiled versions
>> on my site, hmm...)
>>
>> cheers
>> Miller

--------