[PD] simple dynamic instancing and connection of abstractions

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 21:21:37 CET 2021

hmm - well i'm not against the concept of NOT using dynamic patching and
doing [clone] instead, or something else, but to my mind it would then
require a mega object with all of the instruments to be present at every
slot and then to switch off all the rest. this means a much more complex
switching mechanism and i've not had the best luck getting switch~ to
really cooperate. currently there looks like 4 unique instruments so it's
not really that 'mega' at the moment - my concern is that i somehow won't
be able manage the DSP or possibly that the routing itself might add some
overhead. i have best results keeping the load under 30%. once it goes over
60 i start getting dropouts and glitches.

thanks for the advice folks! i'll try the static switched route and see
what happens.

best,
scott