[PD] [PD-announce] Pd version 0.52-0test3 released

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Fri Dec 10 20:05:37 CET 2021

So combining from two branches of this same thread: Iohannes writes:

afaict the problem actually was that Pd doesn't launch at all.
(un)fortunately i am able to reproduce this on a Sierra machine:

(and then various trouble)... and from below, Dans' got Pd working with the
newest jack but not running multi-arch yet:

On Thu, Dec 09, 2021 at 08:45:25PM +0100, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> I use the "official" JACK distribution installer from <> and *not* JACK via Homebrew. I believe I've mentioned this in one or two of the "JACK doesn't work" threads on Github. My testing back then indicated that linking to JACK from Homebrew would result in the usual dylib missing errors when running on other systems and didn't result in a weaklink. Maybe this is something that works in newer versions or requires some Homebrew install flag?

---------------

so I think what I'm doing now is waiting for Iohannes's CI build to solve _two_
problems, the not-running-on-Sierra and the weak-linking-to-jack-broken.  (Sorry
Iohannes)...

Meanwhile I think I can make myself useful doing these:

Dan's PR to get MIDI working in libpd
naming the released files coherently
upgrading the "macosx7" (sometimes typoed as "macos7", ouch) version to
incorporate Tcl/Tk 8.6.12

cheers
Miller