[PD] send message to [r $0_something] from command line?

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Sun Dec 12 12:34:25 CET 2021

$0 is a unique number that only the abstraction itself knows about.
Typically you use it to keep things local. Just like you can't send a
message to [r $0_msg] from another patch, you can't do it with "-send",
either.

Just create a new patch, put your abstraction there and add a [receive
foo] (without $0!) that will send the appropriate message to the
abstraction. Now you can do

$ pd -nogui -send "foo 1"

Christof