[PD] send message to [r $0_something] from command line?

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Sun Dec 12 14:29:02 CET 2021

> I often create abstractions using $0 as an argument, such as [line-seg
> 1 2 $0], and then $3 in the abstraction is the same as $0 in the parent.
That's a common pattern, yes. Your example doesn't contradict my point,
though: because [line-seq] can't access the parent $0 *), you have to
pass it from the outside.

> if you really want, you can export the individual $0-values to a text
> file to be read in the command line.
Please don't. $0 are potentially different every time you open the
abstraction. Currently, they start with 1000 and increment
monotonically, but this is really an implementation detail that you
shouldn't rely upon.

Christof

*) with [iemguts/canvasdollarzero] you can