[PD] [PD-announce] Pd version 0.52-0test3 released

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Dec 12 20:10:18 CET 2021

On 12/11/21 06:44, Lucas Cordiviola wrote:
> On 12/10/2021 11:58 PM, Miller Puckette via Pd-list wrote:
>> Looks like I can get a Mac running 10.13 this Monday, so will probably
>> be able to build Tcl/Tk-8.6.12 then, unless someone else does it first.
>> (It's easy to do using Dan's scripts, all you need is a Mac running a
>> less ancient OS than 10.7
>
> I had run:
>
>      mac/tcltk-wish.sh 8.6.12

this is of course the way how to (broken) Wish was produced on the CI,
that ended up in building the broekn Pd.app

> on a VM [macOS 10.15.7] using QEMU on a Debian10 machine.

i was using macOS-10.14 in a similar setup (although for legal reasons
it is running on actual Apple hardware!)

> Here is the build (zipped) and the log:

i think here's a better one:
<https://users.iem.at/zmoelnig/pd/download/Wish-8.6.12.universal.tar.gz>

as the name suggests it is a universal binary (x86_64 + arm64)

a quick test shows that it is working on "Sierra" (macOS X 10.12.16), so
i hope this is better than dan's luck with universal Tcl/Tk (it's not
totally clear to me whether his "doesn't run" means: "doesn't run on any
platform" or only "doesn't run on M1"

however i would like people who have access on othre platforms to test.
esp:
- macOS X 10.7 (miller :-))
- Monterey amd64
- Monterey x86_64

but really, any platform however old or new should do...

fmfgd
IOhannes