[PD] [PD-announce] Pd version 0.52-0test3 released

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 23:01:12 CET 2021

>> seems to run fine on "macOS Sierra - 10.12.6"
>>
>> miller: does it also run on "Mac OS X Lion - 10.7"?
>> (or even "OS X Snow Leopard - 10.6"?)
>>
>> gffxyd
>> IOhannes
>
> Nope - Wish 8.6.12 seems to depend on newer Mac features than are
> on OSX 10.7.
>
> But I'm OK with continuing to compile for 10.7 on my old machine and
> make it available to people like me :)

Probably stick with Tk 8.6.10 or 11 for that build then.

> Meanwhile, the jack mystery is still unsolved as far as I know (the
> brew version somehow doesn't like newest jackd?)

As explained in previous emails, I don't use jack from Homebrew for my builds. I use the distribution from jack.org <http://jack.org/> which is equivalent to the old JackOSX distribution:

https://jackaudio.org/downloads/ <https://jackaudio.org/downloads/>

You just need to download and run the installer on the build machine, which could also be automated via a script. People needing to use jack installed via Homebrew should build Pd themselves as the those libs doesn't seem to enable weak linking like the ones in the installer AFAICT.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>