[PD] [PD-announce] Pd version 0.52-0test3 released

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 14:56:33 CET 2021

Hi, here are the steps I've carried out in my test:

I'm using macOS Big Sur 11.6.1 on an Intel 64bit machine. I've already got
JACK 1.9.19 installed from https://jackaudio.org/downloads/. I went with
the Intel 64bit installer as opposed to the universal installer. My version
of Pd 0.52-0 test3 is the one "compiled for Macintosh OS 10 or later" from
Miller's page.

When I open Pd-0.52-0test3.app and choose "jack" as the audio backend, I
get an error in the Pd console saying "JACK: couldn't connect to server, is
JACK running?"

I then quit Pd entirely and start QjackCtl (also obtained from the
https://jackaudio.org/downloads/ install package). I can successfully start
the JACK server through QjackCtl and engage with other apps like Ardour.
When I start Pd again and choose "jack" as the audio backend, I still
receive the "JACK: couldn't connect to server, is JACK running?" error and
"pure_data" does not show up in the JACK connection graph.

If I then start Dan's most recent build of test3
(Pd-0.52-0test3-x86_64-jack.app) from this email thread, choosing "jack"
from the Media menu results in no error and "pure_data" shows up in the
JACK connection graph.

Thanks and let me know if I can test other attempts to fix this. I'll keep
an eye on this thread.

--
William Brent

“Great minds flock together”
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com