[PD] [PD-announce] ELSE 1.0-0 Beta 45 with Live Electronics Tutorial is out.

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 04:47:33 CET 2021

ELSE Beta 45 is out! It now includes 435 objects. Live Electronics Tutorial
was also updated, with 450 examples now! This needs Pd 0.52-0 so it works
100%, but you'll get most of it with 0.51-4! Nonetheless, get Pd 0.52-0,
now at test version 4, it's quite stable and almost ready to go.

I have 4 new objects, [tap], to tap for tempo, [midi.learn] to learn and
save a MIDI controller, but I'm really really proud of [metronome] and
[clock]! The [clock] object works as a main clock that keeps others in
sync, and the ones in sync can multiply/divide the clock tempo while
keeping in sync! The [metronome] object is a high level and powerful
metronome that deals with compound time signatures and also works as a main
clock that you can sync to other [clock] objects. The [metronome] can also
be used for a timeline like paradigm, and as a click tracker. I may work on
a higher level "click tracker" and "timeline" abstractions with this later
on. I also plan to use it as a basis for a score sequencer.

The [pattern] object, a rhythmic sequencer, can now output indexes instead
of bangs and you can use it to control a [sequencer] object with more
sophisticated rhythms!

Get it from deken or on github, where you can also see a detailed changelog
https://github.com/porres/pd-else/releases/tag/v1.0-beta45 . Deken now
offers a single download for all systems as a way to save space on the
server. If you wish, get the binaries it just for your system on the
downloads in the github release.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, see you in early 2022 with more updates,
when ELSE becomes 5 years old.

Cheers
Alex