[PD] [file]: paths not relative to patch

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 10:27:37 CET 2022

I assume you already have a relative & absolute path check implementation. If not, I have a simple set of vanilla path abstractions, pre-[file]:

p_absolute, p_makeabsolute, p_makerelative, etc

https://github.com/danomatika/rc-patches/tree/master/rc <https://github.com/danomatika/rc-patches/tree/master/rc>

> On Jan 7, 2022, at 11:35 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
>> If you want to resolve an
>> existing file using Pd's canvas: use [file which]. If you want create
>> new file relative to the patch, use [dir( -> [pdcontrol].
>
> That's what I do now. That's the easy part. The less easy part is
> reliably detecting whether a given path is relative. But knowing that
> even Pd does it somewhat clumsily, I'll stick to the clumsy solution
> (checking for / and :).

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>