[PD] [file]: paths not relative to patch

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jan 8 17:58:06 CET 2022

Am 7. Jänner 2022 23:32:24 MEZ schrieb Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com>:
>> I think what we actually need is something like [file isabsolute] and
>> [file isrelative]! That would be a trivial but very useful addition.

yes.

the solution I like best so far is:
- add [file isabsolute]
  (I'm currently afk, but isn't there already something like this in the filename handling parts of [file]?)
- add [file cwd]
  (and probably allow it to also *set* the cwd, not just query it)
- add [file patchdir]
  (I would consider it a feature if that functionality was provided by [file] rather than [pdcontrol] (which could keep it for legacy reasons))

mfg.sfg.jfd
IOhannes