[PD] [file]: paths not relative to patch

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Sat Jan 8 19:11:43 CET 2022

Then let's go with [file patchdir] for now. I don't care too much about
the name :-)

A bang would unsurprisingly output the patch directory.

You can also send a path name as a symbol. If the path is relative,
[file patchdir] will resolve it to the patch directory. Absolute paths
are passed unchanged.

Should we also provide a creation argument and float message for the
parent level? For example, [bang( -> [file patchdir 1] resp. [1( ->
[file patchdir] would output the parent patch directory, etc. This would
make [pdcontrol]'s [dir( method entirely obsolete.

Christof