[PD] Install path assumptions for [soundfiler] vs [file glob]

Pierre Alexandre Tremblay tremblap at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 14:41:00 CET 2022

Thanks Roman for the fabulous answer.

> If 'media' lies near the patch

It doesn’t actually. It seems to work from wherever I am on my machine.

> TLDR: Unlike many other file accessing objects like [soundfile],
> [reasf~], [textfile], etc. [file] doesn't use search paths¹.

With that footnote, I was hopeful to get [file which] to give me the path of [media/] but no luck.

I’ve also tried to find a way to get [dir] from pdcontrol… I wondered if there was a way to get the path to a given object help, like in SuperCollider

FluidBufAmpGate.class.filenameSymbol

Anyway. Good to know that it is not me. Thanks again for the reply.