[PD] More adventures in [file] land - spaces in paths

Pierre Alexandre Tremblay tremblap at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:04:12 CET 2022

Hello

Did anyone have problems with spaces in paths?

If one uses the help to demonstrate, entering the path (don’t worry this is not my real path :)

/User/pa/my\ hard\ disk/my\ files/test.pd

One gets at the bottom:

/User/pa/my\\\ hard\\\ disk/my\\\ files/text.pd

===
If I investigate the list length I get the right number of components which mean that [path split] is working great of keeping the space escapement

So I reckon it is a ‘bug’ in [file join] ? Or is it an expected behaviour?