[PD] How latency works in cloned abstraction? (dsp graph order)

José de Abreu abreubacelar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 02:56:25 CET 2022

Hello list, I have a curiosity, let's say that I want to clone an
abstraction that reroutes signals between the cloned instances.

We learn that if a send~ is sorted before the corresponding receive~ we get
no latency, but if the receive~ is sorted before, it reads from the
previous block, so we get by default 64 samples of latency

But how does this order work in the case of cloned abstractions? the
abstractions with a bigger or smaller "index" would be sorted accordingly
(from 0 to n), or is it somewhat random?

so if for example abstraction 0 sends to 1, that sends to 2, it would be 0
latency, but the opposite would be 128 samples?