[PD] JACK and blocksize

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Sun Jan 16 17:38:34 CET 2022

> As for the need for it, I would personally use it, I tuned my linux
> system to run at 16 samples but I cannot use such settings when I want
> to run Pd (I can with Bitwig and Bespoke synth).

Sorry , a little off topic ...

how exactly did you achieve that ? could you provide some specs ?
(linux distro, kernel, tweaks, JACK or ALSA, soundcard)

i never succeeded in getting any reasonable latency out of BITWIG (the
"real" latency of let's say a pushed midi trigger and the soundfile in a
slot being started was always much bigger than stated), so i ditched it
in the end.

BESPOKE looks awesome, will dig into it ...

FWIW, i find REAPER a great program to team up with PD (via OSC
communication), though i'm still not at the desired latency i'm looking
for (any "real" latency less than 10ms would be fine with me)

thanks for any hints

best

oliver