[PD] A strange question (yet again)

Pierre Alexandre Tremblay tremblap at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 23:10:06 CET 2022

> Do you have a Pd patch somewhere to have a look at?

I’ll tidy up what I have but it is exactly this:

> - if the spectrogram + audio aren't triggered that often, one way would be to use a background of canvas objects, each with 1x1 pixels. This sounds very exotic, I did it in jmmmp/pix2canvas to "copy-paste" pictures into a Pd patch.

I was trying to do a x-y joystick that way when I did it, so I’ll revisit.

> Not sure how practicable it is in your dimensions.

I’m thinking in the ballpark of 200 x 400. Redrawing is on cue, rarely.

>  - since the problem with structuts is only in the drawing, you can use your current patch to calculate the values

The values are baked in already.

>  - If you want mouse interaction with the background it might work only with externals.

No it’ll be just to draw above.

> - for the pitch+confidence lines, jmmmp/multiarray already allows for several arrays with different colors, thickness, etc. Pd's latest version also added features similar to that - but I'm not sure you can combine a new array with the background mentioned above in a canvas of your choice.

Oh this is new, I’ll go spy on.

Thanks again João for your help. Wait to see the new look of the helpfile, much improved thanks to your suggestions!