[PD] A strange question (yet again)

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 23:55:01 CET 2022

>> - if the spectrogram + audio aren't triggered that often, one way would be to use a background of canvas objects, each with 1x1 pixels. This sounds very exotic, I did it in jmmmp/pix2canvas to "copy-paste" pictures into a Pd patch.
> I was trying to do a x-y joystick that way when I did it, so I’ll revisit.
>
>> Not sure how practicable it is in your dimensions.
> I’m thinking in the ballpark of 200 x 400. Redrawing is on cue, rarely.

if you want a quick prototype, try converting a png with 200x400 with
jmmmp/pix2canvas. You can then copy-paste those canvases (takes a while
to paste, and will be quite hard to move around), and then you can do
random sends just to see how fast the colors can change (you'll notice
how I structured the send/receive variables). Actually it might be quick
to send colors, but I'm not sure at all. Anyway it will be much quicker
than dinamically delete and create them.

>> - for the pitch+confidence lines, jmmmp/multiarray already allows for several arrays with different colors, thickness, etc. Pd's latest version also added features similar to that - but I'm not sure you can combine a new array with the background mentioned above in a canvas of your choice.
> Oh this is new, I’ll go spy on.

I think I had mentioned it already a while ago in a mail.

> Thanks again João for your help. Wait to see the new look of the helpfile, much improved thanks to your suggestions!

That would be nice to see, yes. Surely soon.

Best,

Joao