[PD] pd 0.52-0 test 4 released

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:18:15 CET 2022

Yes, a new universal build can work and I have several older test builds of such. There was an issue with building Tk Wish 8.6.12 as a universal build which stopped this for now. The issue may be fixed in newer Xcode versions, I'm not sure yet. In any case, I was not able to make a working universal build, so I've been using arm64-only builds personally. There is a thread somewhere on this, probably on Github.

In the end, the build server setup which makes the builds for "newer macOS systems" just needs to be tweaked so the core is configured as a universal build which also requires a new enough Xcode/CLITools.

> On Jan 24, 2022, at 5:02 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 16:47:54 +0100
> From: Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com <mailto:reduzent at gmail.com>>
> To: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] pd 0.52-0 test 4 released
>
> On Sun, 2022-01-23 at 19:55 +0100, IOhannes m zm?lnig wrote:
>> Am 23. J?nner 2022 18:42:18 MEZ schrieb Alexandre Torres Porres <
>> porres at gmail.com <mailto:porres at gmail.com>>:
>>> cool, thanks, can't we upload this to miller's site?
>>>

>> Last time I checked, there was a total of 0 (zero) compiled externals
>> available on deken for this architecture...
>>
>> afaict that would give a somewhat lousy UX
>
> Can universal binaries of externals be built on Intel Macs? Xcode
> documentation [1] suggests it depends on the Xcode version installed.
> But then again, can I install the necessary Xcode version on - say -
> 10.15 (Catalina)?
>
> I know I can figure out these things when I have a access to such a
> system, but am curious to hear about people's experiences.
>
> Roman

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>