[PD] externals not added to help browser Pd 0.52.1

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:34:06 CET 2022

Hi, list.

Problem: I can download externals with deken and load them in Pd, but they
don't show up in the Help Browser even after restarting Pd.

Context: I installed 64-bit Pd from source with jack support on Pop!_OS
21.10, 64-bit running GNOME 40.4.0. I compiled it with autotools and my
only tweak was adding jack support. Path is set to look in
~/Documents/Pd/externals as my Externals Install Directory.

Everything works including jack except for showing help patches for
external libraries in the help browser. I can open them with the file menu,
of course. Any ideas about how to fix this?

Sam