[PD] pd 0.52-0 test 4 released

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 26 08:25:39 CET 2022

On 1/26/22 00:03, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> but once we have it available, we can star providing those :)

that's a false conclusion.

- for providing a Darwin_arm64 external you need a compiler that can
produce such binaries
- you do *not* need a Darwin_arm64 Pd for compilation¹

therefore: *all* you need to provide Darwin_arm64 externals is the right
compiler.
not having a Pd for this architecture is therefore not an excuse.

- for *using* such an external the requirements are different:
   - you need a Pd/Darwin_arm64
   - you need the hardware (afaiu, rosetta emulates x86_64 on the arm64,
but not the other way round)

if - as a developer - you want to test your externals before you share
them², you need all three (hardware, compiler, Pd).
however, you already do have a compiler, so what keeps you from
compiling Pd yourself?

mgfdasr
IOhannes

¹ on macOS and Linux