[PD] ggee shell does not work in 0.52

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 26 11:47:20 CET 2022

On 1/26/22 10:21, martin brinkmann wrote:
> or at least getting something from stdout does not work
> anymore. (everything is fine in older versions
> (0.51 and below).
>
> example: the shell help-patch "getting the date".
>
> it receives a bang from the right outlet, but nothing from
> the left outlet. ggee is version 0.28, but it happend
> with an older version (and current pd) as well.
> i wonder if this affects other externals too...

i cannot reproduce this with:
- Pd-0.52.1-1 (as found in Debian/sid on amd64)
- pd-ggee 0.26-7¹ (as found in Debian/sid on amd64)

ggee-0.28 switched from `system()` to `execve()` to actually run the
commands with [shell], which might well be the culprit here...

fdmsatg
IOhannes

¹ that reminds me that i obviously missed ggee-0.28, so there are no
newer Debian packages available...